Review : Story For Rainy Days

By Amalina Elvira - Desember 21, 2016

Ended up with this very unplanned trip. We (Neo and I) finally did it!! Firstly planned to go to Jogja at 7a.m by train, we ended up going there at 9a.m. Alhamdulillah, it was all smooth ........and gentle :P

okay *back to topic*
this is actually a highly requested book review because I often post page of this 'Story for Rainy Days' book on my instagram or even snapchat and a lot of people ask me for its uniqueness. so I decide to make my second review (first is Wreck this Journal, you can find it on my so-prevoius-post) to give you at least information about this book, and if you find it interesting, you can easily buy it at Gramedia, 110k (If I'm not mistaken).

From the very beginning, you will see a very simple cover with white-based-watercolor-illustration and the uniqueness come from its very handy size. Honestly, I am so confused, whether to buy this book instead of 'The Book of Forbidden Feelings' but end up buying this book because I prefer book with a story to prose-only book. Surprisingly, this book also has very unique illustrations made by its own author, Naela Ali.

at first, I read some pages, and find very interesting yet beautiful words, but still, keep the story going. I feel so desperate, several times, imaging how if I were the girl on the book. so. so desperate. I really enjoy how Naela illustrates how the girl actually feels so desperate when her-only-lover have read the exactly same book she gave him, this is really a girl's feeling book. Writer really has good skill of writing poem inside a story. and FINALLY, it comes to the happy ending, I am so relieved that the girl-who-has-been-so-desperate finally find her own happiness, marry to a man she already loved for years, everything is so good. 

PS. every word of this book, you can make it as quote or even caption :P so enjoy!!












  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments